Tuesday, March 1, 2005

My Head Hurts, My Clothes Stink, and I Don’t Love Jesus (Day 20)

The title, by the way, is a rip from a lesser-known Jimmy Buffet song (he says “feet stink”).

Wow, I really felt bad when I woke up. This cold I've been fighting to a stalemate for the past few days has finally overtaken me. Headache? Check. Sore throat? Check. Icky green snot? Check. I get some drugs from Nasser and take twice the recommended dosage. In a few hours I feel much, much better. Maybe now that this sickness has knocked me down, it will go away.

I'm also almost out of clean clothes. It is WAY expensive to have the hotel do it here ($3 for a pair of socks!), so I am holding out until Dubai to see if it is cheaper there.

We have another late flight out. As we have to go ahead and check out of the hotel, this necessitates a lot of sitting around in the lobby and in the airport. Novotel, our lodging in Dubai, is European shi-shi to the max.

No comments: