Saturday, March 12, 2005

AULA Day Four: Mucho Mejor

In the first five minutes of today’s fair I got a serious grad inquiry. Yee-haw. The rest of the day was steady, though there were not nearly as many people overall (gracias a Dios). “They” were right. Now that it is Saturday, the serious students have shown up, many with their parents. One in fact is a return from yesterday, this time bringing Dad to have a talk with me. I wow him pretty good. If this girl is not enrolled at my school Fall of 2006, I will publicly flagellate myself in the middle of Main Street.

After the fair I try for my mini-bar refills again. I take the Metro from the convention center to the next stop towards town. Here is where I was instructed there was the biggest super-market to be found, La Gran Via. I have one small victory to report. I found the mini-Kit-Kat, and yes, a bought a bag of them just to get one to put in the mini-bar. I could not leave empty handed. My eye was also drawn by some Guinness and potato chips. I shall now enjoy them and watch True Lies en espanol (I can never get the damn ~ to work over an “n”).

By the way: that reminds me, one of the reasons Spain is behind in English is that it has a very robust and protected dubbing industry. Nothing on TV, other that live international news (BBC, CNN, FOX) is in English. No chance to learn, or supplement learning, through subtitles.

3 comments:

Sam said...

You know, today is St. Patrick's day here. You ain't missin' a thing.

Meredith said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Jason! O.k., so I found the password I created for myself....sorry this is my first posting, I've loved reading the blog. I'll be sorry when your trip is over. Are you in Paris? Is there green beer in Paris??

Meredith said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Jason! O.k., so I found the password I created for myself....sorry this is my first posting, I've loved reading the blog. I'll be sorry when your trip is over. Are you in Paris? Is there green beer in Paris??