Friday, October 6, 2006

Sri Lanka

I almost skipped this last stop on the tour. Last year it was no good for me. Very few prospective students visited my table. I’m glad I decided to participate in the end. It was much more productive this time ‘round. I had some time off on the day of my flight out. I went downtown with a couple other reps to try to do some shopping. No good. It was largely shut-down and deserted. There is a big festival somewhere else in the city, and the place is on lock-down – lots of armed military patrolling about. Still, we walked around a bit, then took a stroll along the seaside promenade. Got a couple of interesting videos…

Here is a 360 of where downtown meets the beach...



And where the run-off meets the beach...



Sri Lankans enjoying a nice afternoon...



Sri Lankan-style fast-food at the local mall (okay, I still had Pizza Hut)...



This last one I took at a food break on the way to the airport. Again, I'm disappointed with the quality of the transfer (so much better on my computer!). Make sure to get a look at what the last one leaves behind.



And your moment of zen...

1 comment:

mike247worldwide said...

Great "Moment of Zen." It's almost impossible when you are there recruiting, but the REAL Sri Lanka is outside of Colombo. Someday you must experience my spiritual home.