Sunday, October 15, 2006

Germany

Why is it that one forgets how good it feels to run? I ran a little over 5 miles this afternoon in Munich, mainly through the English Gardens, and it felt GREAT. Totally shook the travel cobwebs from my head..



Now I'm ready to sit back down at the computer and work on expense reports. Yay! But first, I'm going to shower and see if I can find the flagship Aigner store to look at really cool clothes that I probably can't afford.

I HATE FLAIR!
I made the mistake of going to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. Why? Because none of my fellow reps that I am friends with are in town yet, and it is less depressing to eat alone at a bartop than a table. Plus, at a bar there is always a chance you might meet someone, as I did at dinner at a Hard Rock in Barcelona once before. At a table it is impossible. Anyway - the bartender who served me was horrible. None of them were great, but he in particular was painful to watch. He kept trying out his pitiful "flair." I hate this s#!t. MAKE DRINKS, DAMMIT. If I want to see juggling I will go to a vaudville show. He wasn´t even good at it. Ugh...

My friend Damara finally arrived and we went out for a drink and to catch up. We travelled together in Africa and met up for drinks last when we were both in Dubai at the same time. Another rep came along with us, so we couldn´t really talk like we wanted to, but it was fun anyway. The fair the next day was productive. We went for Italian afterwards with a third rep named Yance.

Oh yeah - I spent two futile days looking for a reasonable place to get all my laundry done, which at this point is most of my stuff. Not to be found. Even outside the hotel they will only do it by piece, rather than by kilo. One pair of jeans? 5 Euros. Whatever. It might have to wait ´til Boston. I think I have just enough cleans to make it.

No time for touristy stuff. I did take a couple of pics while walking the old city, which I will post on the next blog.

1 comment:

Your sister said...

You're not fooling me...I know why you tried the Hard Rock Cafe again...hahahhaha. You bad boy :)