Friday, September 15, 2006

Does the Pope Shit in the Fan?


This kid's a cynic already. I adore him. Maybe I will have children. I will dress them just like that.

OK, if you've been paying attention, you know that the Pope said some things on Tuesday that have upset the Muslim world. He did it in kind of a pussy way, quoting someone else, who said what he'd apparently like to say himself, but it ain't politically correct to do so. C'mon, Pope-man, don't put others' words in your mouth - use your own. I quote him quoting a long dead Byzantine emperor:

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." - Manuel II Paleologus

Incensed Muslims are condemning the Pope's words and demanding an apology. Here's my idea: The Pope is a scholar, and so was Manuel II. Rather than just getting pissed off and demanding meaningless apologies, why not bring out your Muslim scholars to do intellectual battle? C'mon, if you think he is wrong, show the world why...

If Ratzi gives an unconditional apology, I'll be really disappointed. People who know me know what I think of apologies in general.

No comments: