Friday, February 24, 2006

Warning: Discussion of bodily malfunctions

Right now I am sick (this always happens in Bombay). Not the respiratory stuff I usually come down with caused by the pollution. I got myself some real Delhi Belly this time. I was up at 7am expelling all sorts of things from my body. Again at 9am. Again around 3pm. I have not eaten all day (the thought nauseates me), barely had any water, but I did just order a milkshake and ice cream from room service. And I had a Fanta from the mini-bar. Wheee.

On top of this, I was forced on a 4 hour (10am to 2pm - luckily in between bouts) excursion by cab to recover my lost luggage from the international airport. The cabs here are not big enough for me to sit up straight, and not wide enough for me to stretch out. So, not a happy camper up to this point.

I did finally get my stuff and get out of the same old clothes, wash my hair, etc. The ritual will be complete after I shave. Right now I am just achy all over, but I think the worst has past. I took a nap and feel better. I think I'll also skip the evening dinner with all the other reps. I don't think I could stand sitting there trying to be congenial while the smell of food was making me want to vomit.

I will be better in the morning and ready for a big breakfast. Or else I will be one very cranky university rep at the college fair.

1 comment:

molly said...

Karma's a bitch...muahahhaahha