Friday, February 17, 2006

WANTED:


My French/Arab intellectual/radical look.

This is the alternate personna I have been cultivating while recruiting in the MidEast. I think the glasses and facial hair work well here. Yeah, I certainly can't pass for native, but I definitely don't look so American. I'll probably go back to normal this afternoon. From here I fly to Goa, where I'm gonna get some sun.

Today is a "free" day - Friday is the weekend in the Gulf. However, I'm using it to catch up about 60 student emails and I'll be meeting with a student and her parents in the hotel lobby in a couple of hours. I also have expenses and other piddly details to keep track of. Much fun.

The fair last night was decent. I had meant to go out afterwards, but I was too damn tired. I fell asleep before my room service arrived, but of course I woke long enough to eat my burger. Then I was conked out again - for 10 hours.

I am really looking forward to Goa. I planned the trip out using my guidebook while on the plane yesterday (didn't take long).

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Jason + hotel room + camera + boredom =

Anonymous said...

hey jc-it's your "color outside the lines" friend from pc. i love the website-your pictures are great! looks like you are seeing tons of stuff.
will be in southville in march-will you be back from your trip? would love to catch up if you are there.
b

Zhanna said...

Love the look! It softens that amerikanskii image!

Anonymous said...

hello stranger.

mike247worldwide said...

Hey Slick,
Next time you apply for a Saudi Visa use that photo and declare yourself a Muslim. Then you can visit Mecca. However, Mecca (and everyplace else in the Sand Kingdom) are not on the UNESCO World Heritage list.