Thursday, September 15, 2005

Baking in Beirut

Well, Mike did call at 6am, but I did not make it to run with him. I slept another hour, then took my jump rope out to the jetty to get some exercise. I won’t say jet-lag is defeated yet. I’ve had it sneak up on me a day or two late before…


The brutal setting

We held a mini-fair for two schools today. It was outside. What the HELL? Today in Beirut, it felt like Southville about a month ago – hot and humid as a bulldog’s breath. Of course we are all dressed up. Guys always get it worst with the long sleeves and ties. Ugh. It was miserable. I could feel the heat coming off my table, the sweat dripping down my back beneath my undershirt. We couldn’t get out of there quick enough.


Mike, before his laptop melted, and he started crying

Back at the hotel now, catching up on answering student email that has been piling up this week. We will probably go down to the cafĂ© district for dinner tonight. I should have some great pics tomorrow after our morning excursion…just wait.

3 comments:

moll said...

Southville is back to hot today...if it makes you feel any better. When are we going to start hearing about all the hot chicks? Cause that's my favorite part...

Leslie said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well so far, beating the heat and all. We have had beautiful weather in Turkey this whole week. Tomorrow we hit Samos! Keep the updates-and comments-coming :)

M.S. Mac said...

Whew! I have been missing the distracting of reading your blog during class....Im glad its back on. Its been pretty nice here in Grenada...cool in the low 70's and no rain....OH WAIT, damnit, thats INSIDE!!