Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dennis, Part III

OK, so I'm a little late posting this. Sorry to keep everyone in suspense about my well-being, since it was such a devastating storm (can you feel the sarcasm?).

Dennis was a wimp, but of course all the news channels made a circus out of it. Thank God Jon Stewart and The Daily Show called them on it. Great piece if you didn't see it.

So I spent the first night alone at my parents' house, after whiling away the evening with the neighbors watching movies on DVD (never, ever rent Boogeyman). When I woke up there was no power and the house was getting hot. Seems one tree in the neighborhood fell down, and of course took the power line with it. So, I drove to my dad's office to join the rest of the family. Spent a night there and watched the entire first season of The Shield on DVD. Awesome series, if you've never seen it. Drove back to "Southville" the next day.

The next entry will have pictures (yay). I'm being sent to Atlanta for work for the week. OK, so Atlanta isn't Mumbai, but I'll find something interesting.

No comments: