Saturday, July 9, 2005

Dennis, Part II

After the morning squall line hit we had a nice sunny stretch. I helped my next-door neighbor take his Whaler to the yacht club and get it out of the water. Nice to see I still have backing-the-trailer-down-the-ramp skills. Then we watched unending and unenlightening TV coverage. I even decided to take a jog while the weather held. I made it back to the house just as more dark clouds rolled in, bringing heavy rain. It was of course at that point that my sister decided she needed to board up some of the windows at her house, because local weather celeb Jason Kelly said that Dennis may get back up to a 4. Now it looks like the weather has set in for the duration. Recent predictions have been putting landfall further to our west, though the storm seems to have made a slight northward turn. Keep in mind that the worst of the storm (tornadoes) is actually to the east of the eye. My family is going to spend the night at my dad's office, further inland, but I plan to pass time next door and watch DVDs. More later...

No comments: