Thursday, April 28, 2005

Days 8-9: Mumbai Wrap-up

Yesterday I overcame two things:

1) The Cold. It must have been a 24-hour type thing. That, or the Indian medicine really was good. However, I do think I might have overdone it with the pill-popping. At one point, taking my own pulse, I determined that it was under 50 beats per minute. I don’t think that is normal.

2) Two Cycle Sleep. I hit the sack almost immediately after returning from conducting appointments, about 7:30pm. I awoke thinking it must just be a few hours later, but upon looking at the clock rejoiced in seeing it was 4am. Eight consecutive hours, though a bit offset. Yes, unorthodox for someone who is not yet a senior citizen, but it works. Great that I’m finally approaching normalcy. Tonight I hop over 5.5 time zones to Morocco. Typical.

Overall, this visit to Mumbai (my third) was a big success in terms of work, but a dismal failure in terms of recreation. Oh well, you can’t win them all. Despite my mixed feelings, I am looking forward to my next trip to India in the fall. Before catching my plane, I had dinner with our agents. We discussed some interesting plans for the future. Now I just need to find someone up above to listen to me. More on this as it occurs. Now, I'm off to once again disprupt my diurnal rhythms by catching the 4 am red-eye (just as long as it isn't pink eye) to Dubai and then Morocco.

Tune in next time for J.C.’s reunion with Naser, as they explore the nightlife of Casablanca.

“Play it again, Sam.”

1 comment:

Sam said...

You don't pay me enough to play. I'm going union.