Sunday, April 24, 2005

Day 1-3: Jet-lag-o-rama


A pastoral panorama

This go round it took me about two days to get to India, minus the hours lost by traveling east through time zones. Domestic I was on Delta. International (Newark-London, London-Mumbai) I was on Virgin Atlantic. Ever wonder where all the hot stewardesses went? Wonder no more. Richard Branson must have hired every good-looking Brit on the island.


I can't remember, are people supposed to resemble their dogs, or visa versa?

I had about a 10 hour layover in London. So, after checking in at the gate, I used this opportunity to take the Tube into a suburb called Richmond to meet a friend, T_____, for lunch. T_____ and I met back last October when I was in Munich. She was at the booth next to me representing an American University in London. We met at O'Neil's Pub, grabbed a pint, then had some Mexican and shared gripes about our respective offices.


Life on the Thames

I was actually a bit early to meet T_____, so I took a walk around Richmond, which is a ways up the Thames from London proper. Georgeous place, as you can see from the pictures. And in just wouldn't have been England without the overcast sky.


Swans are mean little buggers

So in Mumbai I dragged myself off the plane and checked into my old friend, the Taj Lands End in the Bandra suburb of Mumbai. I feel like a regular.


Ain't that precious? Look at the Yorkie (this is for you, Mom).

No comments: