Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Digs



























So this is where I am now staying, down near the south end of Ponsonby Road, rather than the north. It actually backs onto Western Park. This is more of a traditional hostel, with shared rooms and all, though I booked myself a private one. I had to leave Ponsonby Manor because they booked it up full before I had decided whether or not to pay for another week. It is actually my theory that they are looking to turn out those of us that have been there for a few weeks, because we were all given a discount rate, and I believe that NZ law does not allow them to bump it up once you are in. We are now in the height of the summer season and they are having less difficulty filling the place, so out we go! Ungrateful bastards. Truthfully though, the Manor was a great place, and I am REALLY appreciating the unlimited fast, free internet now. At this new place it is pay-as-you-go, and in NZ, that means by data, not by time. Yeah friends, that sucks. After I get this next job app done, I think I'm going to take a merry jaunt down to the South Island and back, but I will be looking to book the Manor again when I return. I will post more pics when I find time to lurk outside the Manor and boost from them...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

...ah, details, I like details....