Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Luck Holds

The last fair was long, real long (7 hours), but went well. Mellow. I was even able to make it to the Bombay Store afterwards, with a couple reps from DePaul, to do some last minute shopping. Once kicked out of the store we took a cab to Tendulkar's (owned by and named for the huge cricket star) for dinner. Also, during the fair, I was interviewed twice, once for print and once for national TV. Wow. Y'know - last trip out I was actually quoted in the Financial Times of London (that's like the European Wall Street Journal). I'm such the world-weary celebrity. After dinner we returned to the hotel and I packed up for the big flight. This is where I really lucked out - the big flight was perhaps only a third full. Everyone had their own section to spread out on and sleep. I also completed TWO crossword puzzles - NY Times and USA Today! I'm on a roll...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You are lucky! Hope the same for me when I fly back from Istanbul. And once again your witty words go in print! Almost famous!

Leslie said...

And by the way, I'm typing this from a SCAD Lacoste computer lab...wild!

Caroline said...

Hello! This is one of the reps from DePaul, Caroline. I am avoiding the big pile of work that was waiting for me by checking out your blog! Hope your ext trip - I forget where the heck it was is going well!