Monday, May 28, 2007

Changes

OK, there are reasons that I have not posted recently. As of May 11th, I left the job that led me to create this blog. I feel that I can now "reveal" more about myself, though I think most readers are friends and family who know me already. The "J.C." stands for Jason Combs. Southville is Savannah, GA. The university I worked for was the Savannah College of Art and Design (www.scad.edu). I was there one week shy of three years. About a year ago I decided that it was time to take the next step and started making plans. I resolved that if I were to go back to grad school, it needed to happen soon. So, I am happy to say that I have been admitted to Georgia Tech's City and Regional Planning program, beginning August 20th. I have already semi-moved to Atlanta, as I found a summer position here (more on that later).

The subject matter and format of this blog will be changing. The title too. You'll know when I know. There will still be travel narratives, I hope, but they will be fewer and farther between. Instead, readers will be getting more of a taste of my daily life, and the issues that concern me, and that I think should concern everyone. Stay tuned!

Oh yeah, and I WILL eventually finish recounting the Balkan trip...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scad's potential students just took a major hit.

cindy b said...

I wish you the best luck, Jason! Keep in touch. Cindy