Monday, August 28, 2006

Someone Else's Big Fat Greek Wedding

Took a quick road trip up to Atlanta yesterday with my sister, to see my old college friend Antoinette get married. Yes, a Sunday wedding. Both bride and groom are restaurant managers, therefore a great number of the guests are F&B people. Saturday doesn't work for that crowd. It was quite an international affair. Antoinette's family is Dutch and Greek, with family members all over, including Germany and South Africa. Leo, the groom, is Brazilian. The overall theme was Greek, but it was a big international mash-up. Straight up Americans were in the minority. Great fun. Got to see lots of college friends that I have horribly neglected to stay in touch with. A couple of old flames, an old crush. Pretty standard as weddings go. Couldn't stay the night, had to work today, so my sister drove us back through the wee morning hours while I slept. I didn't take any pictures, but if I get some from anyone else, I'll post later.

No comments: