Saturday, April 8, 2006

OK, dammit, the wrap-up

I know, I know. I suck. This has taken me forever. I need to go ahead and start writing again anyways, as I have a new trip coming up (more on that later). As to what I promised some time ago...

More on Bombay:
Forgot to say we had a cooking class. It was a lot of fun, but we didn't realy do much cooking ourselves. We basically just stirred what the chef and his cooks made for us. It was fun though. We made this desert, that was named something that sounded like "jelly bees" by squeezing sweet dough into a pan of simmering oil. After pulling these out, they were covered in silver foil. Then we ate them. Hell yeah I ate silver foil.

Bangalore:
Once again, a hellatious (is that how you spell that?) two-hour bus ride out into the coutryside where the main international school is located. Thank Krishna I have "recovered" from previous maladies, or it would have been MUCH worse.




New Delhi:
We were there at the same time as Bush. In fact, we had to change our dinner plans, as the Prez was staying at the hotel where the restaurant was located. In our own hotel we had a number of government types. Mainly the ones who sit on top of buildings and wear black, and carry accessories in long cases. No kidding. I was on an elevator with several of them. Their polo shirts have a logo on the breast saying exactly who they are with. Hint - it has a couple of S's in it.
Me: "So, what brings you guys to town?"
Them: "..."
No sense of humor.

Transit home:
Loooong. Two days worth of long. A long, long layover in Dubai, and Naser was not in town to help me kill it. I was forced to go to the mall and watch two movies back-to-back. Two for the Money (skip it) and Underworld: Evolution (wait for DVD). Slept most of the flight to Paris. Watched three more movies on the trans-Atlantic (Jarhead, Weatherman, and Walk the Line - all good). I was movied out!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Yah! It's about time you posted! Ummm... could you get into major trouble posting a pic of S.S. types, possibly revealing their identities? I love the pic though... they look mysterious and cute in black! Oh, and btw, it's h-e-l-l-a-c-i-o-u-s. Yes, I am a know-it-all. Have a great trip, and I'm sorry I couldn't get you a haircut fit for the stars. Maybe when you get back.