Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Two weeks and counting...

That's right, once again you can expect to see regular updates to this site, with pictures. I leave from Southville on September 12th. That gives me a couple of weeks to finish getting myself together. The "what am I forgetting" feeling is now with me about 24/7. This being my 2nd year now, I am reasonably confidant in ignoring it (and crossing my fingers). One thing I'm doing differently this year as opposed to last is treating the lead-up to departure time as an opportunity to get my personal life together, rather than an occasion to let it go. So, there will be no huge blow-out binges or massive credit card spending during the interim. Hey, I've actually been good this summer and I don't want to ruin it now. I hope this isn't a sign of growing older and more mature...

I just went on a small online buying spree at Franzus, maker of great little travel gadgets and stuff. Hello neck pillow (God, I am getting older). I am also working on making sure my wardrobe is up to snuff. After all, I will be in the audience of a king on this trip. Oh, maybe I forgot to mention, the new monarch of Saudi Arabia, King Abdullah, will be personally opening the college fair in Riyadh. That will be a high point. A low one will be that this is my 4th trip to India, and still, I will not have time to go see the damn Taj Mahal.

I will return October 19th, be in town about 10 days, then head out again, probably on Halloween Day. This time I'll be zipping through sub-Saharan Africa for a couple of weeks. The itinerary looks pretty grueling. Upon my return in mid-November I will play catch-up at the office and then take some vacation. A buddy and I are looking at going to Peru and doing the Incan Trail thing. Busy fall.

No comments: